From Saddleback Valley Community Church:
"We are deeply grieved for the loss of Pastor Rick and Kay Warren upon hearing of the death of their youngest son, Matthew. Our church family has had the privilege of ministering together with the Warrens and their family, all of whom have been lifelong members of Saddleback, over the last 33 years.
"At 27 years of age, Matthew was an incredibly kind, gentle and compassionate young man whose sweet spirit was encouragement and comfort to many. Unfortunately, he also suffered from mental illness resulting in deep depression and suicidal thoughts. Despite the best healthcare available, this was an illness that was never fully controlled and the emotional pain resulted in his decision to take his life.
"We ask everyone to join us in praying for the entire Warren family and that God’s comfort and peace will be with them as they deal with this difficult situation."
- sherri1982 likes this
- archieislovely likes this
- lovingthecle reblogged this from nbcnightlynews
- mauiinc likes this
- cfordwtva reblogged this from nbcnightlynews
- i-will-call-you-sir likes this
- acaciacatalina likes this
- kyleandmaxinesdaughter reblogged this from nbcnightlynews
- reademmaduh likes this
- starcrossedloversandstrangers likes this
- 0neeighty reblogged this from nbcnightlynews
- stephaniesearches reblogged this from nbcnightlynews and added:
- gregorychatman likes this
- nbcnightlynews posted this